Interview with Fred Zaspel on The Theology of B. B. Warfield
Allen Mickle interviewed Fred Zaspel about his latest book, The Theology of B. B. Warfield: A Systematic Study.
Here are the questions he asked him:
- What made you first decide to pursue Warfield as someone to study?
- What do you see as the main contributions that Warfield made to theology?
- Why do you think Warfield is as neglected as he is in modern theology?
- Can you briefly explain why so many assume Warfield taught an evolutionary position while your research seems to prove otherwise?
- What other areas of Warfield studies need to be pursued?
- What other resources on Warfield and his theology would you recommend?
- What are the main benefits for busy pastors to study Warfield?
- How has Warfield and his theology helped you in your ministry? What did you learn from him that affected how you serve as a pastor?
- As a pastor who pursued a Ph.D. (of which we know this book is the substance of) would you recommend the pursuit for other pastors? What advice would you give pastors pursuing academic Ph.D.’s?
- Do you have plans to write or teach more on Warfield and his thinking? Now that the book is done, what are your plans?